Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Healthy Grilled Cheese


Since I am on the losing weight bandwagon after having our baby, the people at Weight Watchers sent me some cheeses and asked if I could come up with some recipes. Last time I shared a new favorite low calorie snack (see here) and today it is a cold snowy day, so a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup fit the ticket. Instead of over indulging on calories which is easy to do during the winter, Weight Watchers is a good choice for nice flavor without a lot of calories. Today I tried the Mexican Style blend on some whole wheat bread and put in right into the panini grill. The Mexican cheese is made from 2% milk was 80 calories for 1/3 cup so you really can't go too wrong. It was yummy! What do you put on your grilled cheese sandwich?

(photo by blackeiffel)

No comments:

Post a Comment