Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 65 - The 1st Annual Julie/Julia Award Nominations

Day 65.

First of all, I'm happy to say I survived last night's SNOWPOCALYPSE and yes, they did cancel classes today. College snow days might be the greatest things ever. Just throwing that out there. That, along with rescheduled midterms that you didn't bother studying for. But you don't want to hear about that. You want to hear about...
The 1st Annual Julie/Julia Awards

One week ago, I decided to flip off the Oscars by hosting my own awards show--an exclusively Julie & Julia-themed awards show, that is. The 1st Annual Julie/Julia Awards, which will take place on February 26th. A special thanks to everyone who sent me ideas via email and through the comments--I read them all and thought long and hard about whether or not to include your suggestions. If they were bad, I did not use them. So anyways, copy and paste the ballot into an email and send it to me at lawrenceandjulieandjulia@gmail.com with the subject header: J&J Awards. Without further ado, here are your official nominees:

Best Picture
Julie & Julia
The Julia SNL skit from Julie & Julia
Just the Julia parts from Julie & Julia
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (referenced by Not Mark Ruffalo in the scene where they discuss deadlines)
Soul Plane
Best Actor
Stanley Tucci (Noted Pedophile)
George Bartieneff (Colonel Sanders)
Eric Sheffer Stevens (Gay PayPal Guy)
Roy William Gardner (Mr. Three Name)
Johnny Sparks (Johnny Sparks!) 

Johnny Sparks? JOHNNY SPARKS!!!

Best Actress (hmmm, I wonder who'll win this one?)
Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep
Amy Adams 

Best Actor who Resembles Mark Ruffalo
Chris Messina (a.k.a. Not Mark Ruffalo)
Mark Ruffalo

Best Scene in Julie & Julia
The Lobster Cooking Scene
Every Meryl Streep Sex Scene
Butter Shrine
Cobb Salad Lunch
Meryl Streep Gets Book Deal

Hint: This one is the winner.

Best Meal in Julie & Julia
Chocolate Creme Pie Filling
Boeuf Bourguignon (Julie's 2nd one)
Bruschetta
Artichokes with Hollandaise Sauce
Poached Eggs

Best Foodgasm Scene

Fishgasm
Buttered Artichokegasm
Stiff Cockgasm
Judith Jonesgasm
NMR Eating Shitgasm

Best Julie Powell Bitchface

Bruschettface
"I looked fat" face
BLOGFACE
Lobsterface
Boning Duckface
Darndest Thing Julie Says

"I thought eggs were going to be greasy and slimy, but it tastes like... cheese sauce."
"I have this fantasy that she [Julia Child] comes for dinner and I show her my new lemon zester. We become very close."
"Is there anything better than butter?"
"Like, if I didn't write, they [my readers] would be really upset."
"I'm dying to meet her [Julia Child]. I would like to be a bridesmaid in her wedding in 1946." 

***

And those are your nominees, folks. Get your votes in before midnight on February 25th. Again copy and paste the ballot into an email and send it to me at lawrenceandjulieandjulia@gmail.com. And best of luck to all of our nominees in this year's The 1st Annual Julie/Julia Awards! (except Julie Powell)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "Julia, that won't do." 

No comments:

Post a Comment