Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 100 - Onions

Day 100.

In a lot of ways, the film Julie & Julia is like an onion--unassuming and kind of boring on the outside, but once you peel back the many, many layers, you discover something wondrous within, simply bursting with flavor. And with this awesome metaphor on my mind, I decided to commemorate the 100th day of the Lawrence/Julie & Julia Project by recreating the famous onion chopping scene from Julie & Julia. Happy 100th day, everyone!









Special thanks to Annie for being my Stanley Tucci and Kaitlin and Jon for taking photos. It took me 4+ hours to cut up all those onions (30 lbs. to be exact). Julie & Julia has never made me cry the way that it did today.

Also, all my dormmates hate me for making the hallway reek of onions. So I hope you enjoyed this.

We did it, guys. 100 days.

***

And here's some extra stuff...















Tears of joy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia 
Quote of the Day: "You're being a little over-competitive, don't you think?"

No comments:

Post a Comment