Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 111 - San Francisco

Day 111.

At the risk of turning this somewhat ironic blog into a sincere "Hey, look at photos of me on vacation" one, I would like to share some photos of my Spring Break thus far with you all. As you know, I am visiting my brother and his fiancée in San Francisco and like a good tourist, I have spent much of my time seeing the sights. Unfortunately, this movie has become such a big part of my life that the "sights" aren't what most people have in mind when they think of San Francisco.

Instead of taking a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge,
I took a picture of this prepackaged Cobb Salad.
I never want to see another fucking onion ever again.
Movie books merging into real life books. Strange.
Left-handed cooking utensils at the Lefty store at Fisherman's Wharf. Good, because I'm
left-handed. Bad, because I don't actually think they are any different than regular cooking utensils.
Two sea lions duking it out. Reminds me of Julie Powell and her husband.
The other sea lions are just being fat and lazy. Reminds me of Julie Powell. 
Lobster puppet! Perhaps the one they used in the film?
A sad, fitting end for the Julie & Julia lobster puppet.

So yeah, that's pretty much all you need to see in San Francisco, I think. If there are any Bay-area folk out there, let me know what else I need to do/see. lawrenceandjulieandjulia@gmail.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Julie & Julia Quote of the Day: "Somebody will want this job."

No comments:

Post a Comment