Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 117 - Julia Childs

Day 117.

Every so often, I'll get an email or a post comment that refers to Julia Child as "Julia Childs" with an "s."

Or a tweet.

And to be honest, it's become one of my biggest pet peeves. In fact, I might even go so far as to say that it pisses me off a great deal. I dedicate 2+ hours of each day watching Julia Child (and some other lady) gallivant about on my laptop screen and you can't even bother to spell her name correctly? C'mon, guys! You know I love you, but seriously. Julia Childs?

Even NMR is pissed off.

Maybe I'm being a little too irate--I acknowledge that this is a very small gripe and I should be grateful to even have readers in the first place. But over these past 117 days, I've grown to be rather protective of this movie and its characters, as much as I hate them (everyone except Meryl). So next time you write a comment or email or tweet, just do me a favor and look it over once before you send it so you can make sure you don't look like a fool. Julia Childs. Psssfthh. I can't believe it.

Everyone knows that the plural form of 
Julia Child is Julia Children.

Too bad she can't have any.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "Here's the big news."

No comments:

Post a Comment