Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 96 - The Mask of Julie & Julia

Day 96.

We're nearing day 100, which is pretty ridiculous if I do say so myself. As I've said many times before, I never expected to make it past day 10, so reaching the three digit mark would be a fairly important milestone for me. But let's not celebrate prematurely here--there's still a solid chance I won't even make it to tomorrow's viewing. I really could just have a total mental breakdown on any given day. Isn't that exciting?? That being said, if this movie hasn't gotten the best of me by Wednesday, look forward to a doozy of a post on the 100th day of the Lawrence/Julie & Julia Project.

***

In one of my all-time, ill-concieved, dumbass stunt ideas (aside from this blog), I decided to watch today's daily helping of Julie & Julia while wearing a mask. Don't ask me why. I just thought it'd be funny or something.

Hilarious, right?

The mask in question is nothing special--just a generic, white Halloween mask. A lot of you will probably recognize it as one of the masks that the JabbaWockeeZ usually wear. You know, from America's Best Dance Crew?

America's Most Uncomfortably Close to the Screen Julie & Julia Watching Crew

Anyways, I wore that thing for two hours today as I watched Julie & Julia. It got pretty hot and sweaty in there. Plus, I was breathing the same air most of the time. I wouldn't recommend it.

How riveting.

I don't have much to report. The movie is pretty much the same seen through the eyes of an androgynous white mask as it is without one--boring as shit.

"I wonder what this movie would be like if everyone wore masks?"

 God, my life is pointless.

I may or may not be asleep here.

So yeah--good stuff, right? I bet no one's ever thought of doing this before. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the ramblings of a half-sane man.

Oh, and for those of you wondering why I even have this mask in the first place, it was a prop left over from one of my first projects I did for a video production class earlier this year.


Hooray for shameless self-promotion!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia 
Quote of the Day: "Don't be afraid." 

No comments:

Post a Comment