Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 124 - How Did You Find Me?

Day 124.

As many of you might have guessed, yesterday's post was my meek attempt at an April Fool's Day joke and it didn't seem like too many of you took the bait. I guess I'm just really convincing when it comes to these posts...?

Or at least fairly convincing, right?

But that being said, unfortunately, I actually have seen the movie Julie & Julia in its entirety--quite a few times actually (124, to be exact). And though many of you would like to believe this is some sort of elaborate scam or prank, I am sorry to disappoint you. My therapist, on the other hand, is just sorry I hadn't started earlier--he's got his kids to think about, after all. College tuition is mad high.

And so just a few hours ago, I found myself in the same place I've been for the past four months or so--at a veritable crossroads--trying to decide how I want to avoid watching this terrible movie again. Decisions, decisions. Should I watch VCU-Butler like a normal 20-year-old male or the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards like the nostalgia-obsessed child I am on the inside? I'll give you a hint--just moments ago, Josh Duhamel was inducted into Arm Fart Hall of Fame.

This entire movie may have been just one gigantic arm fart.

But over the months, I've learned that one cannot put off the inevitable forever. And so, I revved up the 'ol DVD and got back to the grind.

***

As I screened J&J today, I found my mind wandering (which it usually does) and I remembered something that I've always wanted to ask--how the hell did you guys find me? I mean, how did you find this blog?

I realize that the premise of this website is targeted at a very, very selective audience (people who've seen Julie & Julia, people who appreciate stupid jokes about Julie & Julia, people who enjoy watching someone slowly go insane) and I'm just baffled each and every day that it's somehow found an audience.

I ask this only because I've gotten some pretty unique responses since the L/J&J Project's inception back in 2010 (so long ago!). Some of them so comical that I feel compelled to share them with you.

Blogger tells me the search keywords that people have used to get here over a period of time:

Click to Enlarge

I find it amusing that "Josh Peck" is the #2 search term. Like, people are actually searching for Josh Peck and then inexplicably find themselves on a blog about a guy who watches Julie & Julia every day. That will never cease to amuse me.

Other search terms? "Julie Taymor," "Hairy Chest," "Oompa Loompa," and depending on the day, I'll get "photos of Piggly Wiggly stores" as well. Like, seriously--who is finding this blog by searching for photos of hairy chests?!?! I demand you to reveal yourselves now!!

And here's something to appease you.

Also, I occasionally get emails/comments about how readers found me "through a Finnish radio station's facebook page" or an "Australian newspaper." What the fuck?? The world is a strange place.

I imagine Julie Powell experienced the same kind of thing when she was writing her blog--through I try not to think about it. I am still in denial of the fact that I'm slowly, but surely turning into this putrid woman.

I really don't care for Julie Powell.

So if you've got an interesting story about how you stumbled upon my dumb little blog, drop me a line at lawrenceandjulieandjulia@gmail.com or just leave a comment on the post (unless it was via stumbleupon, that's not interesting at all).

And while you're at it, don't forget to vote for your March Madness Champion of Best Supporting Characters in Julie & Julia!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia Quote of the Day: "Moving truck's here."

No comments:

Post a Comment