Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 146 - A Frequency Analysis

Day 146.

First of all, Happy Easter Sunday, everyone! And to celebrate Jesus' resurrection, I would recommend re-examining the Christian parallels in Julie & Julia I originally wrote about last Christmas. Fun fun stuff for all of you religious people!

The rest of us will just eat chocolate.

Anywho, last week I received a rather awesome email from reader Jon C. (Twitter: @jcobot), who just happened to be a Senior Data Analyst at his company. And in this email, he performed a frequency analysis of this very blog and took a look at how I use varying words in my posts. The results, which I will share with you below, are quite revealing.

Note: All statistical work/graph-making done by Jon C. No way I could've done this--in fact, I just bombed my Research Methods in Psych midterm.

First off, how much profanity do you use?

Day of Week |
  Total Profanity
Sunday
85
Monday
62
Tuesday
55
Wednesday
46
Thursday
50
Friday
53
Saturday
25

Jon C.: "Damn dude, Sunday is an angry day of the week."
Me: Fuck you, Jon C., you ungrateful piece of shit. (Hey, it's Sunday, isn't it?)

How verbose are you?
 

Day of Week |
Average # of Words
Sunday
580
Monday
464
Tuesday
526
Wednesday
482
Thursday
480
Friday
665
Saturday
361

Jon C.: "Your heart really isn't in it on Saturdays."
Me: Why won't you cut me some slack here, Jon C.? I watch this movie every single day. Now please, just ask yourself: If you were in my position, would your heart be in it on Saturdays?

Now some charts (the Y axis in all of these cases is the day of week since inception)

Profanity Use


Jon C.: "Fuck is an old classic, but some others are trying to make a run."
Me: Fuck their runs.

Who does Lawrence like more: Julie or Julia?


Jon C.: "You may hate her, but you love her. Love to hate her."
Me: I wholeheartedly agree with Jon C.'s analysis. It's much more fun to hate on a stupid bitch than to talk about how amazing Julia Child was.

Jon C.'s Personal Favorite Graph


Jon C.: "And finally, my personal favorite graph."
Me: Mine too. Onions Onions Onions Onions!

So yeah, Thanks Jon C. for your exhaustive statistical breakdown of the Lawrence/Julie & Julia Project! It was very entertaining (for me, anyways). I hope the rest of you enjoyed it as much as I did. I'll be sure to keep all of this data in mind the next time I sit down to write a new post. Hell, I don't even have to try that hard anymore.

Fuck shit bitch Julie Powell onions!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "Clue number one."

No comments:

Post a Comment