Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 165 - Feedback Friday/Caption Contest

Day 165.

Now that the whole blogger malfunction kerfluffle has been sorted out, I suppose its time to get back to business and feedback some Friday (the Friday the 13th edition)!

***

So we had that first Julie & Julia Caption Contest a while back and then followed it up with the most recent edition, which received tons and tons of submissions (only if you operate under the assumption that each email weighs 4 tons). Again, I'm sure you've all been eagerly awaiting the announcement of who won, so without further delay...


And the Winning Caption is:

"It was at that moment, drink in hand, laying in bed, when he realized why his favorite shirt looked so disgusting all of a sudden: she was wearing it." Sent in by Nathan G., last edition's Honorable Mention.

Congratulations, Nathan! It just goes to show that if at first you don't succeed, try try again. And also, if you submit twice to the L/J&J caption contest, I will probably feel bad and just let you win. but seriously, funny caption, sir. One of my fantasies is actually to bed a chick and make her wear my super soft Arcade Fire T-shirt. That shirt was made to be worn by theoretical chicks I bed. Unfortunately, it has been sitting untouched in my drawer for awhile now. But enough of my sexual inadequacies. Nathan, if you have a paypal account, let me know and I'll wire you a dollar or something.

Honorable Mention

"Julie, I don't care how many recipes are left. I'm not going to start using food in our sex life." Sent in by Lach P

Haha, kinky food sex. Never not funny. But also, never a winner of my caption contests. Sorry Lach, but you win a big goose egg for recieving the honorable mention award. Email me your address so I can ship it to you. I'll wrap it in bubble wrap so it doesn't break in transit.

And now... the next entry in the Lawrence/Julie & Julia Caption Contest!



Remember, the rules are simple. Write a hilarious caption/exchange of dialogue for the screenshot of Julie & Julia seen above, email it to me at lawrenceandjulieandjulia@gmail.com, along with your name (First name, last name initial) and where you're from and I'll post the funniest entries next Feedback Friday. Join greats like Duncan D. and Nathan G. in the L/J&J Project Hall of Fame (this does not exist and if it did, induction would be meaningless)

***

Remember this guy? Well, he's back.

From Rodger S.

Lawrence,

Great job, my dude. Can see your losing your sanety. Revaletory shit. I'm still reading this blog, fuck if I know why. I attatched some tits to make sure you know why your in this game.

Peace out bitch,
Rodger Spence

--------
Rodger Spence, 2012 
BA Candidate in Comparative Literature

Rodger,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to post that photo of that respectable female woman's breasts, mostly because I know that children read this blog. Swearing = OK, Bare Mammaries = Not OK. Bear Mammaries? Probably fine. I do appreciate the feedback though. And of course I know why I''m in this game--you don't have to remind me.

Strangely arousing. And yes, I know that this isn't a real photo.

Mad Respect,
Lawrence

***

From Chrisanne G.

Hey Lawrence,

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but there are two men who are paid by the MLB to watch every single second of every single professional baseball game in the "Fan Cave" in New York City. The weirdest part is, the room is set up with lots of windows so people can watch these guys watch baseball. So this got me thinking that you should set up your own Julie & Julia Fan Cave (or maybe just invade the MLB one), so your avid readers can watch you watch Julie & Julia. Maybe someone can write a blog post every day about watching you watch the movie every day. Or maybe Julie Powell can stop by to pay you a visit. The possibilities are endless.

Also, "Julie and Julia Reimagined: As Beavers" took things to a whole new level. Thank you for making me laugh so hard.

Chrisanne

Hey Chrisanne,

No, I was not aware of the "Fan Cave's" existence. That's actually a pretty cool, bizarre job. I'm curious to know if they take stats or do play-by-play analysis or blog about it. I mean, I can barely watch a game of baseball on TV as it is--can't imagine someone doing that all day. But then again, most people can't imagine that I watch Julie & Julia every day. Anywho, I probably won't end up setting up a Julie & Julia Fan Cave, mostly because I lack a cave. Plus, most of the time I watch the movie naked. 

I'm glad you liked the beavers.

Mad Respect,
Lawrence

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "Of every thought that passes through her brain."

No comments:

Post a Comment