Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 183 - We're Halfway There

Day 183.

Well that certainly went by quickly. As of this afternoon, my journey to watch Julie & Julia every day for a year is officially more than halfway over.


To be perfectly honest, I almost missed this milestone completely--shit really caught me off guard. I mean, once you get into the routine of watching and blogging, watching and blogging, watching and blogging, you kind of lose track of what day it is (not to mention what reality may or may not be). Also, with my brother's wedding last weekend and final exams coming up and all, I hate to admit that I haven't always made Julie & Julia my first priority--and I apologize for that.

I mean, sure, I still watch the film every day, but the magic's all but gone by now. The metaphorical honeymoon was over by Day 5. Now we're just an unhappy married couple, unable to satisfy each other sexually and pretty much only staying together for the kids.

That being said, I probably should have cooked up (pun intended) some kind of big stunt for today's big halfway point post. Unfortunately, I did not.

Instead, I shall just take a moment to reflect on these past 6 months of Julie & Julia-watching, totaling over 366 hours of this movie, or 15.25 straight days of nothing but Julie & Julia... Let us remember the good times/revisit my personal highlights, shall we?

Day 1 - The Beginning of a Journey/Losing My J&J Virginity - Weird to think that at one point, I actually liked this movie.

Day 3 - The Birth of NOT MARK RUFFALO - The only reason anyone reads this blog. Also, the end of the surprise appearances of the real Julie Powell in the comments.

Day 4 - J & J By the Numbers - Now that I look back on this one, I could've milked at least 20 more posts out of this material (might still do that).

Day 8 - The First Random Actor Tuesday - And what a glorious RAT it was!

Days 13, 14, 16, 17 - Julie & Julia Sync-ed up with Kanye - No one else seemed to like these. Gotta weed out the readership somehow!

Day 21 - Did I Predict the Death of Osama Bin Laden? - No.

Day 25 - Christmas Poem - Super labor-intensive. Was it worth it? Hell yeah.

Day 31, 32 - LJJ on Racism - I expect to win a Pulitzer for this.

Day 54 - Who Let Me on NPR? - I demand to know who was responsible for this atrocity!

Day 76 - The Proof is in the Pudding - If you can't find it in the pudding, check the aspic.

Day 77 - Valentine's Day - First scene reenactment!

Day 86 - Mental Decay - First signs of legitimate brain damage.

Day 87 - Mental Birthday - More signs of legitimate brain damage.

Day 100 - ONIONS ONIONS ONIONS - Funyuns?

Day 123 - A Confession - I've never actually seen this movie.

Day 126 - Julie's Cat Crowned Champion - In the reader-decided supporting character bracket, the cat makes off with all of the nip. You heard me right. Every. Last. Nip.

Day 132 - Julierotica - That time I made all of you simultaneously cream your pants. Chapter 2 to come (cum?) soon.

Day 153 - The Stunt Blog - My pitch to Hollywood for adapting this blog into a movie. I'm still waiting for that call...

Day 161 - All Julie and No Julia - Funny, I don't even remember writing this one. Kind of weird, actually.

Day 169 - Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? Pt. 1 - Didja guess correctly? It's me.

Day 177 - Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? Pt. 2 - Yup, still me.

Day 183 - We're Halfway There - This is the one where I cop out and just link to a bunch of old classic posts in lieu of something new. Basically, an LJJ clip show.

A fucking clip show? Really?

I sincerely hope you've all enjoyed the first 6 months of the Lawrence/Julie & Julia Project--I know I sure haven't! Here's to another 6--full of the quality non-repetitive content you've come to expect from your #1 destination for watching-Julie & Julia-every-day!

Oh, we're halfway there. Oh ohh, livin' on a prayer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "Every single day! I can't get over it."

No comments:

Post a Comment