Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 184 - Nora Ephron: Self-Plagiarist

Day 184.

So while I was looking through the backlogs yesterday, trying to find some classic L/J&J posts, I stumped upon this awesome comment by one Lucia B., who is a Radio/TV/Film grad student and TA here at Northwestern. And being a far better and more serious film student than I, she brought something to my attention that I think you'll all find fascinating.


How ludicrous is that!!?! That's one of the "best" lines in the Julie & Julia and it wasn't even original! I mean, Nora Ephron did write it I guess--but still, this is a huge copout. She ripped off her own book! SUUUUUPER LAZY.

I mean, it's actually not that big of a deal, but kind of interesting. Also, at school we have to read the plagiarism code every year and it always insists that handing in work that you did for previous classes is plagiarism.

So fuck you, Nora Ephron, writer of Julie & Julia--you totally plagiarized the shit out of Nora Ephron, writer of Heartburn: A Novel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "They probably have taxis in Boston."

No comments:

Post a Comment