Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 211 - Random Actor Tuesday: An Open Letter to Jaime D. Hall a.k.a. "Cheese Guy"

Day 211. 

Last Wednesday, I received a particularly exciting reader email, notable because of its purported sender, the real Jaime D. Hall a.k.a. Cheese Guy in Julie & Julia.

CHEESE. FUCKING. GUY.
BAM. CHEESE GUY'D.

I was completely floored by his email, mostly due to the fact that an actual Random Actor Tuesday got in touch with me! His exact words below:
Subject: From Cheese Guy
Dear Lawrence,

I happened to stumble upon your blog today as I was googling myself.....don't judge, I'm sure you do it too....and wanted to let you know that I thought your blog was hilarious!  To be honest, that was my first ever spot on film and was kind of thrilled by it....I have done many other extra spots which turned out to be less enjoyable, but that one stands out as the most fun.  In actuality, I am primarily a musical theater performer currently living in Chicago and at the time was paying the bills as Cheese Buyer for Dean & Deluca, but have since moved on. Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks for the laugh!

Sincerely,
Jaime D. Hall
"Cheese Guy"
THIS GUY SENT ME AN EMAIL!!!

What a standup guy, right? And what a cool story! Seems like a super nice dude. Except when I tried to email him back, gmail gave me this message:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
    jiamedhall@yahoo.com

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to jiamedhall@yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta1205.mail.mud.yahoo.com (state 18).

Hmmmm... so that means probably deleted his email address right after sending that nice little note to me, which would be... weird. And come to think of it, there's no way of verifying that email was actually sent by the real Jaime D. Hall. jiamedhall@yahoo.com could literally be anyone (and it might very well be, considering his name is spelled wrong in the email address. But then his name is spelled wrong in Julie & Julia too. Or on imdb. God, what?!!?).

But then again, why would anyone bother faking an email from Jaime D. Hall, the cheese guy? And a really simple, nice believable email at that. I just don't see the motivation, other than getting my hopes up and then subsequently crushing them.

A government conspiracy, perhaps?

Which leads me to this, An Open Letter to Jaime D. Hall a.k.a. "Cheese Guy." If the real Jaime googles himself and finds this post, I would ask him to verify that he sent the first email, plus read the following reply I was going to send him:
Dear Jaime (sorry for misspelling your name in the post),

First of all, thanks for the awesome email. I mean, holy cow! A real-life actor featured on Random Actor Tuesday, emailing little old stupid stunt blogger me. And not just any actor, but the cheese guy himself! This is fairly surreal for me. l mean, not to sound creepy or anything, but I do see your face everyday in Julie & Julia so it's super cool that you got wind of it (the stigma of self-googling be damned) and even might have enjoyed what I wrote. The Lawrence/Julie & Julia Project is incredibly honored by your presence and I would like to personally thank you for your generous compliments.

That being said, I think it'd be a great treat for my readers if you would do me the honor of either guest-blogging for a day or at the very least, allowing me to ask you a few questions about your experience as an actor on the set of Julie & Julia (i.e. what it was like to work with Amy Adams, Nora Ephon, etc.).

I'm sure you are a busy man, but I just know everyone who reads my blog would love to hear your story/get to know the man behind the cheese guy. It wouldn't have to be a long essay or anything--just maybe a little bit of background of you as an actor/how you landed the role, if you had to do multiple takes, how the experience was overall, etc. But again, that's only if you'd want to do it and have the time.

Please let me know if this is something you might be interested in. Thanks again for your kind words and I hope we can stay in touch.

Mad Respect,
Lawrence
WHERE HAVE YOU GONE, CHEESE GUY!?!!?

So if you're out there, the real Jaime D. Hall/can actually verify that you are the Cheese Guy, get at me. I'd love for you to do a guest blog. lawrenceandjulieandjulia@gmail.com.

And if it turned out to be an impostor--well, I'd love for you to guest blog too. I'm really finding it difficult to come up with more shit to say about this movie. Newsflash, everyone: it's not very good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia Quote of the Day: "Say cheese, ducky."

No comments:

Post a Comment