Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 230 - Midnight Julie & Julia

Day 230.

I'm writing today's post via iPhone (douchey, I know), because I've spent the last 10 hours hiking in the Los Padres National Forest. My legs are about to fall off and I'm pretty sure I'm covered in poison oak, but that shit was so worth it. Why? Because it was 10 hours of being the farthest away from Julie & Julia as possible.

But, that isn't to say I didn't do my obligatory viewing today. In fact, I am so dedicated to this stupid blog that I forced my new San Francisco friends to watch with me at midnight. Oh, and we were sleeping outside in a backyard at Pebble Beach.

It was cold. It was damp. It was midnight. I don't like to brag, but...
Now THAT's dedication.

For your information, my friends (who had either never seen Julie & Julia before, or had only seen it once) all thought the movie was way too long and lacked any kind of plot whatsoever. They also unanimously disliked the character of Julie Powell. Just goes to show that there are definitely some universal truths to this film--the most prominent being that it is not very good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "All I think about all day is food and then I dream about it all night."

No comments:

Post a Comment