Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 231 - Pillows Are For Your Head

Day 231.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of watching Julie & Julia (for the 230th time) amongst new friends. As always, it was really quite therapeutic to be able to share my daily pain with others. And the best part of it all is that I didn't feel that crazy for talking to myself/cursing out Julie Powell, because I can just attribute any audible mouth words that I may emit to "conversation."

AND with sets of fresh eyes to watch the movie, I got a bunch of new post ideas--like this one from my new buddy Katrina M.

YO JULIE POWELL, WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING 
WITH THAT PILLOW ON TOP OF YOU?



Katrina asked me this during the movie, and for the first time in awhile, I didn't have an answer to this Julie & Julia-related question. I really don't know. Pillows are supposed to be for your head. Julie Powell should know this. She is a reasonably smart woman. Plus, it's not like she's foreign/unfamiliar with American culture or anything. Hell, pillows are generally a head-exclusive thing even in other cultures.

HEY JULIE, PILLOWS ARE FOR YOUR HEAD, NOT YOUR FEETS

So why the fuck are they just lying at the foot of the bed/over Julie's legs?? Surely that can't be comfortable. And functionality-wise, I just don't see it. What purpose do those pillows serve? I can't imagine they provide warmth--blankets would do a much better job of that. And she already has blankets.

It's almost as if the set-dresser had ordered 1 or 2 too many pillows from Bed, Bath & Beyond and just decided to throw them into the scene so she wouldn't be wasting money or something. This is such a stupid movie.

Oh, and before I forget:


Happy birthday, douche. I really fucking hate Julie Powell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "I'm going to bed."

No comments:

Post a Comment