Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 233 - No Breadstick for Me!

Day 233.

Remember awhile back on Day 196 when I pontificated on the famous "No Breadstick for You!" scene in Julie & Julia? Well, I finally got the opportunity to recreate it in an Italian restaurant in Carmel, CA this past weekend.


Okay, so it wasn't a perfect reenactment, but good enough, right? I thought after recreating the scene, I might have a better idea of the situation in the movie and understand the point of it all. But nah, still don't get it.

Does Cassie take away the breadstick because she is concerned that Julie is going to get fat? Or did she poison it beforehand in order to punish Casey Wilson for not being funny on SNL? Maybe she is just a straight up bitch. The world may never know.

OQ_H8C on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
"NO!"
Long story short, there are many unanswered questions regarding this whole breadstick scene and it will probably continue to bother me for the rest of this blog and most likely, my life. I'm so sick of seeing the same arbitrary actions play over and over again, and yet, I can't stop watching. This is also a fair description of the entire Lawrence/Julie & Julia Project. Existence is futile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "They want to offer us an advance of $1,500."

No comments:

Post a Comment