Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Speaking Digitally : Personal Finance + YNAB

Personal finances used to consume massive amounts of my time and I often found myself frustrated. I tried many methods when it came to tracking our finances including: various financial software, customized Excel spreadsheets, pen and paper etc... and I was never completely satisfied with a solution. I continually looked for other ways of doing things by asking friends what they did, and researching alternatives.


During New Year's Resolution time (isn't that when you always want to get things in order?) my interest was piqued when I started to read stellar reviews for software called YNAB which is an abbreviation for "You Need A Budget" and I was curious to see what it was all about. I decided to download a free trial copy and voila! After learning the ropes, and methodology, I finally found our personal digital finance guru aka 'assistance in being more disciplined at budgeting'.




I have been using the 'YNAB' method since January and it has made a huge difference. Their emphasis is to assign every single dollar a 'job' so you know exactly where it is going. Some of you are probably down right pros at keeping meticulous financial records and a nice looking budget, but if you need some help give YNAB a whirl (you can even test it out for free it is compatible with everything). It has done great things for our financial outlook and peace of mind.

Photos : Money Origami Shirt photo  // Piggy Banks : 1 2 3 4

(Head's up : I obtained a review copy of YNAB back in January with no strings attached, I would purchase it in a heartbeat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment