Thursday, February 3, 2011

Book I'm Reading : Cutting for Stone


Martha's book selection for the "Book's I'm Reading" Club this month is 'Cutting for Stone' by Abraham Verghese. Have any of you read it? It is an epic medical love story that gripped my attention right off; it is immensely interesting. The author who is also a doctor uses absolutely beautiful storytelling to share the life of twin boys that end up being orphaned by their mother's death and their father's disappearance. The story evolves and spans generations and continents and is about the journey of coming of age, love and family relationships. It is an excellent piece of contemporary literature that is topping reader charts (it has been on the New York Times' best seller list for a year -- currently number four) and there is even talk of a movie. I can't wait to finish it on my Sony Reader they provided me. As for the Sony Reader, I am a big fan -- it has exceeded my expectations in many ways with its simple pocket size, ease of use, and the ability to carry around with me thousands of books on one device.

What about you? What are you reading lately? Join Martha and us reading Cutting For Stone if you need a great novel.

*Enter to win a Sony Reader here - there is a winner each week!

(photo of Author : by Joanne Chan)

No comments:

Post a Comment