Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip


As I've been playing around with Weight Watchers cheeses I experimented and came up with a recipe that I thought you might enjoy, a lower calorie spinach artichoke dip option. Instead of adding more cream cheese and mayo I substituted some Weight Watcher cheese wedges and it turned out pretty great. I will be making this again for special events as a lighter alternative. See the recipe below and check out other ideas I've mentioned here and here. What is your favorite Superbowl Sunday or hang out snack? What about a lighter snack, do you have a favorite?




Ingredients:
9 oz frozen spinach, chopped, thawed, and drained
14 oz jar of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
8 oz low fat cream cheese*
1/4 c low fat sour cream*
1/3 c parmasean cheese
3 Weight Watchers Garlic & Herb wedges
4 green onions minced
4 cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon of salt
other spices as desired... I added a touch of cayenne, garlic powder etc..

Directions:
Saute onions and garlic until soft.
Combine everything into a bowl and stir well.
Put in oven safe dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 or until bubbly.

Enjoy with crackers, veggies or anything you wish.

*You can easily substitute low fat for nonfat, I'm just not a biggest fan of nonfat.

Enjoy!

(photo + recipe by Rachel Jones - B*E)

No comments:

Post a Comment