Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 103 - Onion Disposal

Day 103.

It's been a whirlwind of a week for The Lawrence/Julie & Julia Project.

On Sunday, I finally got Julie & Julia, the book from which the movie is based, only adding to the list of things I need to do that aren't homework. Monday marked the last day that Julie & Julia was on Netflix instant streaming and I was fortunate enough to be able to share in a live tweet of my daily viewing with a ton of you cool and hilarious readers. I was proud to celebrate the blog's 100th day on Wednesday, as I set out to recreate the famous onion chopping scene. Instead, I just stunk up my entire dorm and pissed off a bunch of my suite mates in the process. All for the greater, good, I dare say. On Thursday, I showed you guys what you can do with a 30-lb. bag of chopped onions and a ton of free time (on that note, I just got off the phone with my mother, who spent 10 minutes scolding me for posting those onion seduction photos. Eh, I wasn't planning on running for office anytime soon). And finally, yesterday, I invented onionbombing.

All that--AND I had to watch that infernal movie every day. Man, life sure is rough for us stunt bloggers.

But today, it got a little easier. I finally gave into my dormmates' wishes and disposed of my 30-lb. bag of onions in triumphant fashion.

Pungent.
Considerably yellow-er


That 30-lb. bag weighed a ton! (don't check the actual conversion rate)
Onion Santa Claus + My Buddy Chad
Victory!
Simply magnificent.


And just like that--the onion saga is over. I wonder how Julia Child disposed of her giant pile of onions... probably in the most delightful way possible, making endearing noises and sighs the whole time. Or maybe she just fed 'em to the Tucc. Anywho, I figure now my playtime is over and I have to go back to writing about this movie...

Or... I could make an awesome gif of me throwing away onions! Hey, guys! Remember gifs? Internet nostalgia woohoo!!!

make gif

But seriously, this onion stunt has been pretty fun and I'm sad to see it come to an end. Luckily, I'm constantly being reminded of all the good times by the lingering scent of onions on everything I own.

Tune back in tomorrow for some insightful thoughts about Julie & Julia! (probably not that insightful)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Julie & Julia Quote of the Day: "I'm just going to have to throw most of it out and start all over again."

No comments:

Post a Comment