Friday, March 11, 2011

Update

Last night at around 9:30pm I hear that there is an earthquake in Japan and that there is a tsunami warning for the state of Hawaii. I have gone through several tsunami warnings while I have lived here and so I know what to do to prepare for the worst and fortunately most of the time it doesn't do too much damage. We started to research how severe the earthquake was and came across some pretty scary videos of the tsunami that hit Japan. This is when I started to worry that we could experience something similar. We are only about 75 feet above sea level and they say you should be at around 100 feet. Our safe spot is only about a 5 minute drive and its at around 300 feet.

We ended up going to bed at around 2am after the news let us know that they didn't expect it to hit very hard. I was happy to wake up this morning with everything in tact. Some places got water damage and there is more debris scattered around but nothing too serious. I feel very lucky and my heart goes out to the people that had to experience this horrible catastrophe first hand. I really cannot imagine what my day would be like today if we did get hit like they did. Instead I am spending the day celebrating my husbands birthday. The chocolate fudge cake is in the oven and looking forward to spending some good times with friends.

Thank you everyone for your comments, emails and calls and for thinking of us. It means a ton! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment