Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 144 - Arcade Fire

Day 144.

As you all know, I usually like to put off my daily viewing of Julie & Julia until the very last minute--that is, unless I have something better to do on any given night. I usually don't.

Tonight, I do.

Yeah! Cool! I'm going to go see Arcade Fire and The National tonight! Indie/hipster credibility established! For those of you who haven't heard of Arcade Fire, they are a fucking awesome band whose latest album just won the Grammy for Album of the Year, beating out Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Eminem and Lady Antebellum. Fuck you, mainstream acts! Indie music forever! (actively choosing to ignore the fact that a Grammy implies mainstream-ness)

Do you know what else implies mainstream-ness? Movie trailers for beloved children's classics.


Also, Super Bowl commercials.


But actually, "Wake Up" might be the greatest song ever. And Arcade Fire is currently my favorite band.
Current favorite song: "Wake Up" By Arcade Fire
Current mood: happy ;) 
Current blog format: Some 14-year-old girl's old livejournal
But actually, I do have to tie this into Julie & Julia somehow... Hows about I change the lyrics to "Wake Up" to reflect my current blogging situation? Yeah, I'll do that!

Wake Up, Julie Powell!

Wake Up (Julie & Julia Remix Edition)
To the Tune of "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire
(play the song as you read the lyrics for full effect)


Somethin’ made me
pick up, this movie,
watch it every single day.

Though I'm succeeding,
my eyes are bleeding,
and I can't do this anymore.

Julie Powell,
you are a bowel,
movement, you disgust me oh so much.

If it weren't for, Ms. Child,
I'd kill myself viewing, so much, hate compiled.
I'm just a stupid little blogger making word farts, pissing all of his time away.

I'm phoning my post in today-ayyyy--!

If I have to see this movie
I can see where I am goin’ to be
when the reaper he reaches and touches my hand. (This is the actual lyric. It seemed fitting.)

Why can't I just stop this madness?
This film is just total badness.
Why does that guy look familiar?
Julie's husband Eric -- Who--Who is that guy?

He looks like Mark Ruffalo!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "Fire your assistant and don't hire a replacement."

No comments:

Post a Comment