Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 171 - Lawrence/Julie & Julia at the Smithsonian

Day 171.

While we're still on the topic of super nice reader emails, I'd like to share another from one blog reader named Charlie M., who happened to visit the Julia Child exhibit at the Smithsonian the other day.

Someone should probably inform the exhibit curator that Meryl Streep is not actually Julia Child.
Dear Lawrence,

I am a huge fan. Seriously. I started following your blog when I read about it on The Daily What on Day 10, and have enjoyed reading it every day since. So you can imagine my excitement when I learned I needed to go to DC for my future mother-in-law's 60th birthday party. You know what's in DC of course...Julia Child's kitchen! I dragged my fiancée to the Smithsonian and, though we didn't have butter with us, we did have iPhones so we took these meta pictures of your blog at the exhibit. People thought we were a little weird, but not as weird as Julie Powell. Also, believe it or not, there's no picture of Meryl Streep as Julia Child in the exhibit. Anyway, I thought you'd enjoy the pictures, and maybe I'd even get a shout-out on your blog! That would really be special.


Keep up the great work,


Charlie 





Charlie, these photos are fucking awesome. And clearly, I am a fan of all things meta, so I probably appreciate these more than anyone. I think the universe just folded in on itself at least four mor times. L/J&J Worldwide, bitchezz!!

Seriously though--thanks for sending this in and saving me a trip to the Smithsonian (not ruling it out completely, if someone gives me the moneys). Keep the awesome email coming, guys! lawrenceandjulieandjulia@gmail.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "The index is a complete calamity."

No comments:

Post a Comment