Monday, May 23, 2011

MORNING!

So here's the deal:  I let myself get spoiled by a SWEET life in Italy.  For three years.  I left behind my job (a great one) and a long commute (which sucks) and moved with my husband and two children to Italy for three years.  If you are here, you already know all about that.

But now I'm back and suffering Italy withdrawal.  I went back to the same job, same commute, same house even.  The house and job are both awesome, just too damn far apart.  WAH... sob story of probably 90% of SF bay area residents.

But I am starting to see the light.  Poetic moments are creeping up on me every once in a while.  I still wonder at the world... and my blog was a great place to feed that into creativity a bit.  I tried a bit to just continue with Strange Pilgram, but what I'm feeling here and what Italy was just didn't seem to mesh.  I'd stare at that screen and just end up feeling sad and empty... any local inspiration just got sucked away by missing that time.

So Gram at 5 AM (see tab at the top) will be my new space. I hope to see you all there. I'm still me, still the same Gram who backs up on herself within the space of a paragraph or two.  Only this time it's 5 AM.

Actually now that I think of it, I used to wish that I could be up to see the sunrise everyday.
Damn.  Careful what you wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment