Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 186 - X-Men: Julie Class

Day 186. 

So I just got back from seeing X-Men: First Class and it was pretty fucking good. I mean, maybe I was predisposed to liking it given my affinity for badass superpowers and half-naked January Joneses, but if you're into that sort of thing, I'd highly recommend it.

Anyway, given my inability to not relate anything back to Julie & Julia (a.k.a. that other movie I saw today), I couldn't help but feel drawn to one of the X-Men in particular.

I'm tempted to call the actor who plays this guy "Not Ron Weasley"

His name is Banshee and according to wikipedia, he possesses a "sonic scream," capable of harming enemies’ auditory systems and causing physical vibrations.

Well that's kind of funny, because I definitely know of at least one other movie character "who possesses a 'sonic scream,' capable of harming enemies' auditory systems and causing physical vibrations."

Well that's weird--my ears are bleeding. That hasn't happened since... since well,

Julie Powell's ability to annoy me is definitely superhuman, which means that she might be a part of the X-Men. Maybe this movie will be more bearable if I just pretend Julie Powell is a mutant.

Or better yet, a half-naked January Jones (Note: This picture is actually kind of tame. After all, there are kids who read this blog!)

This one's for you, kids.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "Please don't yell at me."

No comments:

Post a Comment