Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 180 - Wedding Toast

Day 180.

As some of you may have heard, my older brother Lance is getting married tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited for him. One nagging thing though--as the best man, I have to give a big toast tomorrow and I'm kind of nervous.


Mostly, I'm nervous because whenever I get up to practice my little speech, I inevitably forget what I had written and just segue into a weird ad-libbed version of Paul Child's toast in Julie & Julia.

"Lance, you are the butter to my bread and the breath to my life. 
I love you, darling girl."

I'm sure how you can all see how that might be a little awkward at the wedding.

Fuck.

This is what my life has devolved into.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie & Julia
Quote of the Day: "This is what matters."

No comments:

Post a Comment